The Revolution Starts Now
No matter who wins. The networks are calling Ohio, but the AP has not. I will wait.
No matter what, the revolution is beginning here, now.
I have thought for a while about how best to go about my political life. What works and what does not. Below is a mini maifesto/platform for the new Progressive Democrat party.
1. We will make sure everyone who need help will get it. No matter their situation they will get what they need. Too many people struggle with too little help. Healthcare will be provided for those who can not afford it. Job training will be provided for those who need it. We will look at The New Deal as an example.
2. War is not just. War will be used only if all options have failed. The Bush Doctine will be abolished. Diplomacy will be the norm. Minds are always more powerful than bombs. Look at the end of communism in the Eastern Bloc.
3. Responsible spending will be the norm. Citizens are penelized when they overspend on their credit, government should face the same repercussions. We will spend what we can with what we have. The deficit should not grow.
4. Pro-Life, but not Anti-Choice. Roe v. Wade should stand. No attempt will be made to reverse it. Abortions will happen. It is better that they be safe and regulated as opposed not.
5. Marriage is an issue betweent 2 people and thier god. All unions will be recognized as civil unions.
These are a couple issues. More to come